Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Spring Break an excuse to drink...err read?

Yes its true while many of my classmates and fraternity brothers are out enjoying the sun and the beach, I traveled back to good old Vancouver. Or as I like to call it my parents house-were-only- expensive-shitty-beer-is-drank-and-all- my-friends-have-got-the-hell-out-of-this-town. Options for the week, looking up a few old friends who might be still around, work on my midterm, or hang with minors who cannot drink. I decided to catch up on my reading and try to finish my midterm, start my creative writing final and take care of some freebie sites (more info here free)

Enough of my whining, after a 6 hr long car ride back to here I'm not excited. Well books for this week include, Time Travelers Wife, Peter Chilson's-Disturbance Loving Species, Pledged (a book for my final project), and Broken Pledges (another novel for my final). So in light of this week I have a few books to tackle. Most of them are not what I would read on a regular basis but oh well its something to do.

So why do I read a lot, I used to read a lot for knowledge to learn how things work or to understand things. I used to read everything I could get my hands on, manuals, guides, magazines, playboy, and comics. Lately I've preferred to read for enjoyment, since for some reason as college has progressed it seems to be more of a chore. I try to enjoy simple books, not really, just nothing that has to do with school so I can let my imagination drift away.

However, I used to read way more in middle school and part of high school but as I progressed to college, many of my books stayed behind so the last 5 summers (yes I've been in school 6 years, okay, beer break, should make me feel better), I've been sorting through my books, giving them away and selling them. Simply I just don't feel that I have enough time to read these days but I'm hoping that changes after this summer. They say you are never to old to read or something like that. Maybe its you're never to old to learn something new?!

No comments: