Tuesday, February 26, 2008

9/11 and where I was, or where I should have been

9/11 most of us were in middle schooler or younger and we were confused when the two towers fell. In preparation for this story its noted you might want a stiff drink, skip the Mai Tai or the Wiskey and coke. Go with a Gin and Tonic or a Long Island, or better yet fuck all those and crack a beer. As I was saying on 9/11/2001 I was in the bathroom getting ready for my senior year of high school hoping we didn't have a pop quiz and that I could get a date for this weekend. Or I could just stay at home and play video games until my eyes melted.

Well my mom came into my room and yelled "Erik Logan Kubik get your ass out here!" Well it was something like that. I ran into the den where the news was on. The first tower was belching smoke like crazy and I watched it fall.

After I drove to school and headed to class, I remember the building being eerie silent. There as no laughter or loud talking. In every class we talked about what was going on and what this meant.

I remember I was angry, as were some of my friends. We wanted to know who was responsible and when we found out we wanted them to suffer the worst way. Hell, I wanted all of them to be nuked with biological weapons and to die a horrible slow death. I'm sure I said some nasty slang toward who did this. Many of my friends who were seniors that year enlisted, they wanted to go to battle with the enemies of the U.S. The president painted a picture of what must be done and we cheered him on. Only to find ourselves stuck in a giant litter box half a world away.

At first I was angry and sad, then I was happy we were going after them, now I could care lees with all the mess we've gotten ourselves in. Since we are too busy over there to focus on issues in our own country. Next time just bomb the hell out of it like we should have done in 'Nam.


And on a side note one song for the blog
Story of the Year-We don't care anymore
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRQAVW3_4To

Also keep your eyes open on my other blog if you will (free stuff for nothing)
http://freestuff4nothing.blogspot.com/

No comments: