Thursday, January 10, 2008

Reading, drinking, and such

So I'll have to admit it seems society has turned us into a army of mindless zombies bent on the tv and the internet. I used to read a lot, especially when I was younger, it was enjoyable and I could read what I wanted.

As I started college I had to read textbooks. And as most college students can agree, textbooks are nothing more then an intricate form of torture designed to further make us dislike certain classes. Not so much in the English department, most of the books I've read are enjoyable, the kind of book one can sit down and finish whereas the other kind of books are met with distaste and distraction. I could read this terrible 300 page book for English or I could drink a beer. One beer turns into several and the book is forgotten. Later on I realize I have a paper concerning the book due tomorrow at 9 am. Drunk reading and writing is not recommended.

1 comment:

Donnie Warner said...

I concur. Reading and drinking is a difficult process, especially when the latter is preferred like in my case. No, actually I'm excited to read the books in this class.