Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Something I'm not proud of....

I sit here, locked away in my study. I refuse to go out, tale any calls. My servant brings my tray of food twice a day and leaves it outside my door. For months no one has known I’ve been here, hiding, tucked away, waiting for my day again. I have done some terrible, so terrible I cannot even bear to mention it.

Angry mobs gathered outside my place of work and at my home. I was called a “Monster.” “A Demon-spawned soul sucker.” Instead of fixing the world, I was only dooming the world as a whole.

What have I brought upon this world? I have brought ruin and destruction to all. Societies will crumble, life, as we know it will case to exist. Families will be divided; turn asunder, never to be the same again. Brothers will be pitted against each other.

And they said the “Great War” was the war to end all wars. They said that was a horror stricken tragedy that the world must never go through again. And here we sit on the brink of another life changing, world transforming even, one that will fill the skies with darkness.

I, Philo Farnsworth have done the worse thing a man could do. I have invented the television, a talking, squawking black box that has replaced the TV. Families no longer eat together. Brothers and Sisters fight over who gets to watch what. Our children are taking things from television that is making them morally corrupt. They are failing at their schoolwork

The world is coming to end, no longer will people of earth have the social skills to meet and greet one another. Our only forms of communication will flow out something with vacuum tubes. Could this get any worse? I peer out of my house looking down into the streets, and wonder what have I done. Oh yes, this did get worse, as soon as Cable TV became readily available for the masses. And the Internet, don’t get me started on that.

No comments: